The SRG Letterbox library defines the official SRG SSR media player experience, packed into a single library, providing:
- A controller to play audios and videos, which supports on-demand, live and DVR streams.
- A service to manage application-wide playback.
- A responsive player view with the official SRG SSR look and feel.
- Support for 360° videos.
- Support subtitles and multi audio tracks.
- Support for chapter and segment browsing and selection.
- Skip or not play blocked content.
- Access to all SRG SSR business unit medias.
- Native AirPlay, Chromecast and Picture in Picture support (depending the platform).
- Playlist support (iOS, tvOS and Android).
- Analytics and diagnostics.
A look at some features
- Standard video playback:
- Subtitles and multiple audio track support:
To integrate Letterbox into your project please refer to the following documentation:
- 💻 SRG Letterbox Web
- 🤖 SRG Letterbox Android (may not be accessible if you do not have access to the GitHub repository)
- 🍎 SRG Letterbox iOS/tvOS (Getting started included)
- 📺 SRG Letterbox Google Cast receiver (may not be accessible if you do not have access to the GitHub repository)
Demo applications & website
Web demo is public and for web browsers. iOS, tvOS and Android demo applications are available for download on devices. These applications are limited to internal SRG SSR use.
Source code repositories
Letterbox source code, documentation, release notes and demonstration application source code are available on dedicated repositories:
- 💻 SRG Letterbox Web (closed source)
- 💻 SRG Letterbox Web Demo (closed source)
- 🤖 SRG Letterbox Android and Demo (closed source)
- 🍎 SRG Letterbox iOS/tvOS and Demo (open source)
- 📺 SRG Letterbox Google Cast receiver (closed source)
Web player transition
Letterbox Web goal is to provide the same experience, API and features as native mobile Letterbox versions. Letterbox Web player is the next web player generation and can be integrated with
npm. The player is in production for Play SRG websites and will be roll-out on other SRGSSR websites.
The previous SRG production player used in production is called Technical Player. It’s only delivered through